customer located in Veldhoven we are looking for a Technical Writer / Reviewer
The Industrial Engineering sector is responsible for driving the operational requirements
into the early design of ASMLs products. E.g. Reliability, Availability, Cycle time and
plays a leading role in reducing operational costs by design and process improvements for
The holder of this position reports to the group leader Industrial Engineering. (S)he will
work in a team to create new documents, improve what we currently have, and research what
needs to be documented as we are continually improving our documents, processes, and
The technical author writes, reviews, and publishes the technical documentation necessary
to support field service engineers that support the installed products. This means working
closely with the engineering team to provide the work instructions and procedures needed
for maintenance, repair, upgrade, and installation of the systems via the dynamic
publishing software environment. Most work instructions and procedures are on detail
level. The candidate: - Participates in an engineering team, preparing technical
documentation based on input and drafts from equipment engineers in the team. - Prepares
complex technical producers clearly and accurately in simple English with a methodical
approach. - Processes review comments on existing procedures and assigns for review by
engineers where necessary. - Ensures a uniform high standard of technical documentation
for the team.
Bachelor Degree or higher in any field.
- Experience as a technical author.
- Hands-on technical experience (through work or hobbies) is preferred, e.g. as a car
mechanic or equipment engineer.
A great candidate can use technical experience to challenge the solution of the engineers
- Process improvement / quality management experience is a pre (e.g. Lean Six Sigma).
- High tech experience (e.g. aerospace) is a pre.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Native English is a pre.
- Candidate has technical affinity, preferably with equipment engineering.
- Team player, but able to work independently.
- Plenty of (own) initiative.
- Strong personality: candidate is assertive and able to work well with engineers.
- Able to maintain overview is dynamic environment (organized and flexible where needed).
- Experience with EPIC software is a pre.
Context of the position
Industrial Engineering provides the people, means, methods and technical capabilities to
introduce new products to the customer site. The engineer improves reliability,
availability and operational cost of the installed products at the customer site,
according to an agreed specification. This means specification of operational
requirements, co-design of new products, integration, validation, and introduction of new
products and processes, and continuous improvement of volume equipment.