Our client develops big data software which is used for marketing purposes for different companies, mainly in Banking, Media and Telecom. The software is finished but needs to be implemented at different clients, with different requirements. As a Big Data Software Consultant, you will be designing, writing and implementing great software, using the best development practices. You’ll mainly be responsible for implementing the software platform. Passion for all aspects of software development as well as customer facing is a must. This role offers a seasoned engineer, with a blend of distributed data platforms and data analytics skills, the opportunity to be part of a talented team and significantly impact implementing data-centric enterprise software.
· Help define the solutions, have and develop business acumen and bring technical perspective in furthering the product and business
· Involved very closely with various analytical groups to provide consultation on high-level concepts and prototype coding, including Data Scientists, Risk Detection and Marketing platforms
· Deliver clear, well-communicated and complete design documents
· Develop exemplary and thoroughly tested code for the most challenging aspects of the product or product sub-systems
· Perform quality assurance on all new code from inception through integration, staging and production environments
· Collaborate effectively with customers as well as other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas
· Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with customers, designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects and product managers.
· Strong interpersonal and customer facing skills, customer service orientation
· Open minded and solution oriented
· Persistent, accurate, imaginative
· A logical approach to the solution of problems and good conceptual ability and skills in analysis;
· Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement
· Self reliant and capable of both independent work and as member of a team;
· Discipline to document and record results
· Enjoying constantly expanding your knowledge base
· Willing to work at customer location and travel regularly
· The successful candidate should have 5+ years experience building and designing large-scale software development and consultancy. He/ she has a strong crossfunctional technical background and a willingness and capacity to expand leadership and technical skills.
· Expert knowledge developing and debugging in Java/J2EE
· Sound knowledge of Relational Databases (RDBMS), SQL databases
· Maven, git, IntelliJ/eclipse, unit testing
· Proficient linux user with basic linux administration skills
· Experience with agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, develop user stories and work through backlogs
· Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment
· Strong customer focus
· Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
· Be knowledgeable of industry standards and trends
· Experience in working with Hadoop/MapReduce, Hbase, Hive, Flume, SOLR
· Familiarity with No-SQL and ETL tools
· Knowledgeable of the RESTful concept
· Experience with Python
· Knowledge of data modelling and programming
· Experience with performance tuning and profiling
Reactie is prive en alleen zichtbaar voor de opdrachtgever en de plaatser van de reactie.
Je moet inloggen voordat je een reactie kunt plaatsen.